The mission of the Greater Wilkes-Barre Half Marathon is to host an event that is welcoming to runners of all abilities and highlights the neighborhoods of Wilkes-Barre while also supporting the local economy.
Board of Directors
Candice G. Dutko, President
Tyler Salerno, Vice President
Sarah Ellis, Treasurer
Tayler Collins, Secretary
Ahmad Ali, Patty Hughes, Everal Ben Eaton, Rachel Wiernusz, Jennifer Sliwinski, Russell Keeler, Kelly Chamberlain, Jill Snowdon, Chris Krout, Samuel Schmidt, Justin Brown, Eric Grego.
Saturday, July 18th, 2020
11am - 5pm
Expo and Packet Pick-Up
*location to be determined
* For a local shake-out run, please consider checking out neparunner.com for a local 5K and/or other race and help support some other great local causes!
Sunday, July 19th, 2020
5:30am - 6:30am - last minute packet pick-up
6:50am - Opening Remarks
7:00am - Race Start
8:00am - Kid's 1/4 mile Fun Run (5-8 year olds)
8:30am - Kid's 1/2 mile Fun Run (9-12 year olds)
10:00am - Awards Ceremony
Half Marathon Route
• Start at intersection of Washington and Market Street in front of City Hall
• Go straight on Market Street, turn left on to Wilkes-Barre Blvd.
• Go straight down WB Blvd., turn right on to George Ave.
• Turn left on to Scott Street
• Turn left on to E. Main Street
• Stay on E. Main Street then bear right on to N. Washington Street
• Turn left on to N. Pennsylvania Ave.
• Turn right on to North Street
• Turn left on to North River Street
• Stay on North River Street as it turns in to South River Street
• Turn left on to South Franklin Street which turns in to North Franklin Street
• Turn right on to Union Street
• Turn right on to North Washington Street
• Stay on that till the end, veer left on to Pennsylvania Blvd.
• Turn left on to South Main Street, then turn right on to Blackman Street
• Shortly thereafter, turn right on to South Franklin Street
• Pass Schiel’s, turn right on to Hanover Street
• Turn left on to South Main Street
• Follow through till the end!
• Finish line: on Public Square
Saturday, July 18th, 2020
8:00am - 1/4 Mile Fun Run (approximately one lap around the Square) for 5-8 year olds
8:30am - 1/2 Mile Fun Run (approximately two laps around the Square) for 9-12 year olds
Sign-Up Link Goes Here
January 1st through 7th - $65
January 8th through March 31st - $75
April 1st through June 30th - $80
July 1st through July 11th - $89.95
* there will be no sign-ups day of race
From January 1st until March 31st, a full refund will be given.
From April 1st until June 15th, a 25% refund will be given.
Beginning June 16th, no refunds will be given.
Races Are Subject To Sell Outs Prior To Closing Registration Dates